Drunk Driving Wrecks
Fort Worth Drunk Driving Crash Attorneys
Every 52 minutes, someone in the U.S. is killed in a drunk driving crash, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While this results in more than 10,000 people dying in DUI crashes every year, hundreds of thousands of others who survive these collisions end up with severe, possibly permanent injuries.
What may be just as distressing as these facts are the facts that:
- Drunk driving is completely preventable.
- The impacts of drunk driving crashes can devastate people physically, psychologically and financially. In the worst cases, drunk driving crashes prematurely take loved ones away from their families forever.
As The Haslam Firm, our Fort Worth drunk driving crash attorneys have been helping the victims of drunk drivers obtain compensation and justice since 1986. Our lawyers know how to hold negligent drivers accountable, are effective at helping victims with their financial recovery and are ready to put their experience, skills and resources to work helping you.
In addition to representing people who were injured in DUI crashes, our Fort Worth drunk driving crash lawyers also provide the highest quality legal services to families who have lost their loved ones to fatal drunk driving crashes.
Options for Financial Recovery after Drunk Driving crashes
While drunk drivers are punished for violating the law in the criminal justice system, the victims of drunk driving crash can seek justice and compensation by pursuing cases in civil court. In fact, depending on the circumstances of a given crash and case, it may be possible for the victims of drunk drivers to seek compensation from:
- Negligent drunk drivers – When drivers are drunk (i.e., have BACs equal to or greater than 0.08), they have broken the law and, consequently, are automatically considered to be negligent. In the event that this negligence leads to traffic crashes, injured people can sue these negligent drunk drivers.Here, it’s also important to note that, even if a driver is not convicted of a DUI in a criminal case, people injured by these allegedly drunk drivers may still be able to seek compensation from them.
- Parties or establishments that over-served the drunk driver – When drunk drivers were over-served alcohol at bars, restaurants or other venues (referred to as “dram shops” in state statutes) and then these drunk drivers cause traffic crashes, the establishment that over-served the driver may be liable for compensating victims.Additionally, private establishments or parties, such as homeowners, can also be sued under these laws. So, if a driver gets drunk at a house party and then causes an crashes on his way home, the homeowner/person throwing the party could be liable.
- Other negligent parties – Drunk drivers and dram shops may not be the only negligent parties that contribute to drunk driving crashes. For instance, poor roadway conditions, such as broken or malfunctioning intersection signals, can be another form of negligence that can lead to drunk drivers causing crashes; in this example, the party responsible for road maintenance can be liable.As a result, victims of drunk drivers are encouraged to contact our Fort Worth drunk driving crash attorneys to find out more about liability in their collision and to get experienced help obtaining the maximum possible financial recovery.
Fort Worth Drunk Driving crash Attorneys at The Haslam Firm
Have you been hurt in a car crash caused by a drunk driver? If so, contacting the experiencedFort Worth drunk driving crash attorneys at The Haslam Firm is your best option for obtaining personalized legal service and justice. Since 1986, our trusted lawyers have been dedicated to crafting the most persuasive cases for our clients, and they are ready to help you bring your case to a successful resolution.
With our Fort Worth drunk driving crash attorneys on your side, you can be confident that you will have experienced, skilled and resourceful litigators fighting to help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact Us Today
Let’s talk about your case and your best options for moving forward during an initial consultation. To schedule this meeting, call us at (817) 332-3115 or send us an email using the contact form on this page.
From our offices based in Fort Worth, our trusted lawyers provide superior legal representation to people throughout the state of Texas, including (but not exclusive to) those in Dallas, Granbury, Denton, Weatherford, Cleburne, Waxahache County, Tarrant County, Dallas County, Hood County and Johnson County, as well as throughout the U.S.
Get your questions answered - Call to request a free case evaluation (817) 332-3115