Introduction To Attorney Robert Haslam Of The Haslam Firm, LLP
Attorney Robert Haslam got his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1983 from Southern Methodist University where he majored in History and minored in Business and Geology. In 1986 he received his Juris Doctorate from The University of Tulsa College of Law. He was also a member of the Law Journal.
He started his professional career working as an associate with Fillmore, Herrick & Harrington from 1986 to 1988 and then joined The Dent Law Firm. First as an associate and then, as a partner until 1994. In 1995, Robert established The Haslam Firm in 1994 and he is still practicing there today.
It is important for an attorney to be board certified in his areas of practice. This is important to maintain credibility and reputation amongst peers and in front of clients.
Robert Haslam is board certified in:
- Personal Injury Trial Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
He is also:
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell since 1990
- Served on the Texas Board of Legal Specialization Advisory Committee for Personal Injury Trial Law 2005 – 2011
- ABOTA – Member, Advocate Rank, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – 2012 – Present
- Super Lawyer
Attorney Robert Haslam is highly experienced in handling all types of personal injury litigation including but not limited to:
- Truck Wrecks
- Product Liability-Automobile ~ Premises Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Professional Malpractice
- Insurance Disputes
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Construction Site & Oil Field Injuries
- Misuse of Intellectual Property
- Local Counsel for Out-of-State Attorneys
Some professional activities which Robert has undertaken throughout the course of his career are:
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, President – 2008
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Director – 1998 – Present
- American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA) – Selected as one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Texas
- Tried over 100 jury trials as of November 2007
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers – Past President
- Fort Worth TTLA Advocates – Past President
- Chair of the AAJ Taser Litigation Group, 2008 – 2015
- TTLA Advocates – Past State Director
- Oklahoma Bar Member
- USGA Member
- Licensed to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, Fifth Circuit Appeals Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western District Courts of Texas, Eastern and Western District Courts of Oklahoma
- Former Director and Vice President of Bart Granger Foundation
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Sustaining Member
- American Association of Justice Fellowship Member
Attorney Haslam has also authored a number of books and spoken at various seminars and gatherings. Some of his writing and speaking engagements include:
- Author and Speaker at Texas CLE approved seminars
- AAJ National Convention Speaker, 2003 – 2008, 2018
- Crime Victims Quarterly, “Civil Liability of Daycare Facilities”, May 1995 and “Deshazo, a Case Study”, Spring 2000
- National Crime Victims Seminar, Washington DC “Dram shop Causes of Action”
- Tarrant County Community College, 1994 “The Benefit of Jury Trials”
- Tarrant County Public Schools, 1992 – Present, “Your Legal Responsibilities After Eighteen”
- TTLA 2001 Seminar “Insurance Co. Liability for Sale of Coverage and Inadequate Defense”
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Tarrant County – 1993
- Andrew’s Episcopal Church: Acolyte Warden, 2007 – Present, Associate Vestry, 2008 – 2011, Vestry, 2011 – 2014 and 2018 – 2021
- Four Hole – in – Ones, various Golf Courses
- Course Record Shady Oaks “Little Nine” 6 under par – 22 (par 28) April, 2007 – 2010
- Colonial Club Champion – 1996, Second – 1999 and 2003
- Club Championship 2nd Place – 2014, 2016, 2017
- Texas State Father-Son Golf Tournament – Second in First Flight 2005 (with son Robert), Second in First Flight 2010 (with son William), and First in Presidents Flight 2013 (with son Robert)
- Colonial Parent Junior Champion 2015 (with son William)
- Recognized by Texas Monthly as a “Super Lawyer” and Fort Worth Magazine as a “Top Attorney”
Robert is married to Elizabeth Haslam and has 3 children who are named Robert, Elizabeth, and William. Robert & Lisa attend St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Ft. Worth, TX.
Recent Clients & Cases
Attorney Robert Haslam currently represents celebrities such as golf professional Doug Sanders and Kaufman Franco as a defendant against American Airlines. Racehorse Haynes asked Attorney Haslam to be his local Ft. Worth counsel in the past. Racehorse Haynes and Robert have represented Doug Sanders in trial in Houston in 2013 to a very successful confidential settlement. Attorney Haslam was also counsel for academy award winner Larry McMurtry’s partner. Diana Ossana, in her UIM case from a horrible car rollover where the verdict was 150k over the policy limits. Attorney Haslam has made an appearance on national television for prosecuting the parachute case in Oklahoma.
Last year Robert won a million dollar verdict in a neck surgery case from the Choctaw bus rollover on the George Bush freeway in Dallas that occurred in 2015. Particularly noteworthy was the $250,000 recovery for loss of consortium for the wife. He is currently hired to represent one of the families and widow that lost their husband and father in the Biloxi Bus crash by the CSK in March of 2017. Bus crashes gave been his specialty of late along with taxis and Uber liability. Attorney Haslam has won more than 4 excess verdicts against cab companies and recently prosecuted an Uber Driver successfully for causing a serious injury to a passenger. It is interesting to note that the defendants in the cab and taxi cases all claimed our cases were without merit at first.
In a product liability case, Robert forced the Yoo-hoo defendant party to change their bottling so the explosions of bottles blinding people were eliminated. In another case, he successfully prosecuted a crushed foot for a million dollar Judgment against a temporary employment service. Attorney Haslam received the honor of top Texas/National dram shop verdict in 2011- 4.2 million dollar verdict. He is currently engaged as lead counsel in the civil cases against Twin Peaks for the death of a motorcycle rider in the Waco shooting. He has successfully prosecuted Pizza Driver case for a million dollar settlement for a family whose father was severely injured when the pizza driver hit him. We used a national mock trial specialist to assist in persuading the defendant of the merits of our case. You may search Robert Haslam under Star Telegram & and the radio 1080 AM, Ft. Worth, TX.
For more information on Attorney Robert Haslam In Texas, an initial consultation is your best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (817) 332-3115 today.
Get your questions answered - Call to request a free case evaluation (817) 332-3115